2008年11月25日 星期二

Let's go dancing in Second Life!!!

The first thing when I woke up was to go to Second Life. It seemed that I had been addicted to it. I logged in the place called Twitlight crystal. I was lucky for there would be an event later on. I met a friend there, whose name was Tinx. (The girl who wore white outfit in the picture)She was very nice. She gave me fantastic outfit, which made me look brand-new and hot!!! She was also pateint to give instruction on how to wear those items since I was new. She even invited me as a member of this club. I was so happy to be here. It made me feel at home.


I think one of the differences between Second Life and Real Life is that people here like to help and share with others more, compared to the real life situation. What's more, people in Second Life will greet with you even if they don't know you. Living in the real life, somtimes I feel upset about the indifference of people. But in Second Life, it makes me feel warm and valued.

Then, the dancing started!! Everyone was dancing wildly. Even though it was not the real dance, I could still feel that kind of atmosphere. There was a special activity called "Sploder." People who wanted to join should pay L$30.(money in SL) When the time was up, it would announce who was the winner. I won twice. Yeah! Today was my day!!!
During the chat, people used a lot of expressional symbols and abbreviation while there were some I did not know what the meaning was. If someone knows the meaning, I will really appreciate if you share with me :)
Here are some abbreviation I have learned in SL:
  1. frm: from
  2. b: be
  3. 1m: first message
  4. wen: when
  5. ya: you
  6. hun: honey
  7. bro: brother
  8. sis: sister
  9. gtsy: glad to see you
  10. nps: no problems
  11. cyl: see you later
  12. wtg: win the game
Here are some I don't undersatnd:
  1. t: let me know wen ur ready and i put ur stream on xxx
  2. t: bro the dance ball is hte silver one now ubove the stag the other was to laggy lol
  3. t: okies lets get tping lol
  4. t: hb sweetie xx
  5. t: ty sweeite xx
  6. M: tc barry :)

3 則留言:

  1. It's funny. I don't have money to play it because the amount of my money is 0$. How did you earn money?
    Ty=thanks

    回覆刪除
  2. Actually it was my friend who gave me some money to play. She was so nice! Maybe you will meet the nice people in sl like me:)

    btw, thanks for your sharing:)

    回覆刪除
  3. it was so-called internet language. one of my friends studied in America since he was 12 years old. when i restarted to communicated with recently, at the begining of msn, i even dunno what the ttyl, brb and afk means. buti think it might be the question of custom.

    回覆刪除